Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Doog-A-Thon: Two Days After

So here's the thing...for all you folks who continue to harass me about how dorky it is to have a Doog-A-Thon...Doogie Howser, MD was actually a fairly well-written show. I'm being serious. There were tons of episodes where Megan and I couldn't figure out what was going to happen next. How often does that happen in sitcoms nowadays? Oh, that's right...never.

Take for example the episdoe where Doogie takes his Dad's BMW, without permission, and totally gets away with it! No moral lesson at all. I learned that if I'm going to take my parent's car without permission I should have enough cash on hand to get it out of the impound lot and the courage to drive fast enough to get it back into the garage on time.

Doogie Howser is a prime example of the devolution of television. The chaff is so thick in the field that I'm not sure there's any wheat even growing any more. No wonder I have to constantly rant about how stupid people are look at what's being beamed into their brains night after night!

And furthermore, why can't shows like Doogie be replayed? It's cheaper for the networks. It's still relevant topics, I mean anything about tean angst will always be relevant right? I'm off to start my letter-writing campaign. I'll start right after this next episode...I swear...

No comments: