Monday, April 03, 2006

The Perfect Sunday

Don't you always want to see into people's lives? Just to see what they're really like when they're alone, just hanging out? Well, I do. So here is a glimpse into my inner workings. Yesterday I had what I would describe as The Perfect Sunday.

My Sunday began at about 10am. Mr. Rose woke me before heading off to work. Now, while I was feeling bad that he had to work all day I was definately happy to have the house to myself all day. So, 10am I eat some little bagels with cream cheese and strawberry jam whilst perusing a new book (a series of essays on fat) I bought the night before. One essay and two very satisfying mini-bagels later I move to the couch and settle in to Harvest Moon, a children's video game I'm hooked on.

An hour and a half later I'm feeling the need to be productive. Grooving to Tata Young (Thai popstar) at top volume I proceed to clean the living room...sweeping, dusting, rearranging decorative items, putting away the winter throws (see you next year big blue fleecy) and bringing out the chenille spring throws. It's almost like redecorating, soooo satisfying. I talk to my Dad on the phone during part of the cleaning. Familial obligation fulfilled. I consider going to the local cafe for lunch but end up with cheese sticks and cookies recently purchased from Costco. A luxurious shower. I'm knee deep in water by the time I get out...damn slow drain!

I sit down for more Harvest Moon but am feeling a little headachy. I take an Advil Migrane and have the perfect half hour nap on the couch. I wake before the beeping alarm and feel refreshed. More Harvest Moon. So addictive. Put together laundry, actually go into scary basement to put laundry into machine. Make bed with lovely fresh sheets. Another essay about fat, not as good as the first one.

Phone Mr. Rose, complain about hunger levels, entice him to return home. Continue Harvest Mooning. Out to Peter's Drive-In for dinner. Bring it home to facilitate movie watching. Watch Waiting for Guffman while eating tasty burger and onion rings. Continue laundry periodically. Sweep bedroom. Watch Kung Fu Hustle. very weird but ultimately good. Finish tidying bedroom, put excess laundry inside laundry hamper (wild, I know). Sleep.

Seriously, this is a perfect Sunday for me. Now you tell me your perfect Sunday and I can try it out to see if it works for me.

1 comment:

Meg said...

mmm. Peters' onion rings.