Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Nothing But Calm

That long weekend actually turned out okay. huh. So.....hmmmm. What to rant about...have I mellowed? I think theatre is bad for me, when I'm not all show-involved I'm totally more relaxed....

I have this friend that I only talk to over email. He lives on the other side of the world and I haven't actually seen him in the flesh for about 4 years now, which is actually a longer span of time than we knew each other face t0 face. Anyways, we used to have these epic email arguements about everything under the sun. He always wins, of course, which I attribute to his nearly-PhD'd status. People with philosophy degress can argue you under the table and I'm never quite sure at the end how it happened. sneaky bastards.

Anyways, recently our emails have been a really boring series of how are you? good, how are you? things. It's not that I'm not interested in his progress job-hunt wise, I totally am. And in some ways I really enjoy it becuase he can be a bit close about what's happening in his world. It's just that usually we would be ranting back and forth about something (in addition to tiny life tidbits)...or I would be moping/sobbing/whining about some aspect of my life. He's a wonderful therapist. But lately I haven't had anything to mope/sob/whine about, not really. I'm all even-keeled. Even right now at this very moment, nothing but calm. I am, temporarily at best, a calm blue ocean.

weirded out.

3 comments:

Meg said...

yay!

Can you send some of that calm blue ocean thisaway?

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»