Thursday, June 01, 2006

A Beautiful And Rare Moment

I love reading people's blogs who really lay it all out there. The ones that just talk openly about this or that event or how someone let them down or how they let themselves down. When I run across an entry like that it just makes me happy, it's so much more interesting than some inane post about going to see a Blue Jays game.

The thing I love most is when someone else posts about an event I was at. This is a beautiful and rare moment, to see the same experience through someone else's eyes. So, as an example, Jody felt (apparently) that my friends and I were shooting her dirty looks all night at this party. huh. I wasn't aware. And now the question is...were we shooting her dirty looks and we just don't remember doing so or was she just assuming that's what we were going to do and so it became true in her mind?

The thing about Jody is, I don't really have anything against her. I certainly don't hate her just because one of my friends does. That being said, I never really liked her much. She's a bit bland, I never really got anything interesting out of her. Also, she's one of those girls who chases after guys who are involved. Or at least I, with my own eyes, watched her do that with one guy (the second guy it was more just a suspicion based on past actions). I don't like girls that chase attached boys, especially when they're attached themselves. It bugs me and I can't really respect someone after that. That being said, I've never been anything but polite to her. She hid from me on a balcony at a party because she was afraid of me, it was confusing to me at the time. I think now she realizes that the person actually likely to cause her physical harm is not me.

I do agree with her on one point though. The party was a bit sucky. It was so dark I couldn't even see who anyone was in their costumes. And there were all these different little cliques there so it was hard to mingle. Plus it was too loud and squishy so you couldn't even have an actual conversation anyways, just bland party speak. Lame-o. I did leave early, and was happy that I did.

Anyways, I know it makes people happy to know that other people care enough about them to talk about them...I wouldn't call this behind her back really, it is a public forum. And I could have said this all to her face if she wasn't so careful to keep a 10 foot clear zone around me. But there you have it, like anybody that I know vaguely Jody is on my occasional blog circuit. One day I hope everyone I know will have a blog and then I'll have all the time filler I'll ever need.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Meg said...

Amanda!

I got spogged by the same anonymous dude! (I'm assuming dude, but it is kind of a gender-neutral term).

WEIRD.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»