Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I Should be Loving Life, Right?

Throughout the regular theatre season I end up accumulating some overtime at work doing training, festivals, etc. Since it's like pulling teeth to have my job covered during this time I end up saving it all up for the summer when I'm only doing project work. So I have the enviable summer of long-weekends. Every Friday off for July and August.

I should be loving life, right? If you know me at all though you'll see this begin to slowly drive me insane. Now, the fact is that I have way less to do in the summer months and four days a week is enough time to finish all my work. So it's not like I'm going mad becuase the work is piling up and I'm forced to take all this time.

Tragically...I'm not a good relaxer. So what happens is that on my extra day off I end up doing all the errands normally assigned to weekend time. So when the weekend proper rolls around...I'm at a loss. Not to metion the weekday evenings that are suddenly void of pottery, piano, and various theatre-based commitments. These factors combine to create an extremely whiny me (lord help the man who married me, only you know how he plans to put up with me for the rest of his life).

sidebar: I love how I talk to the Lord as if that was something I believed in. I need to come up with some other higher power to address things to.

Anyways, what ends up happening is that I spiral into despair about how empty and shallow and devoid of meaning my life is. I mean, really, what's my point? What will I see when I look back on my life 40 years from now? So, then I consider having children...

they would fill the time...

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

Nooooo! Children as a time-filler? My dear lady surely there's another way...stripper-size?

Meg said...

YES!

Stripper-size.

Then, we will start a burlesque troop and kick the boots off those kabuki guns broads.

Lady Rose said...

ladies, I just checked and there are only 6 spots left in the stripper-size class.

we need to get on that shit.

Kirsten said...

Yes indeed. I need to shake my boo-tay.

Meg said...

I am registered, friends. Sign ye-selves up!

Meg said...

c'mon!

UPDATE your BLOG! PlEaSe!

Lady Rose said...

ahoy, hoy! It looks like little ms. this work thing rocks is a little bored during the day. ah the honeymoon phase of work. I miss that phase