Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sudden Realization....

In theory I start my new second job on Thursday. I still haven't heard about my schedule from the boss-like guy. I say boss-like because he's clearly uncomfortable with authority and will be too nice to lay the smack down on laziness.

The actual job itself will be fine, I'm sure, once I get used to it. It's a fairly low-key gig. I have a sense of impending doom about my future co-workers though. The downside of the low-key gig is that it does involve a ton of time standing around waiting for a brief period of intense business. That means upwards of 2 hours of small-talk per shift with people I inevitably won't like very much.

I already hate Party Dude from our meet n' greet session. "Dude, I'm totally a visual learner. I have to do something to learn it"....ummmm...so what you're saying is that you're a tactile learner? Idiot! And don't forget the ever charming "Dude, I'm not even going to bother learning your name 'cause I'll just forget it again." Nice. Looking forward to working with you too numbnuts.

Other fat girl had potential but she was totally getting sucked into Party Dude's "cool zone". Right now I'm pinning all my hopes onto fellow theatre dweeb, nerdy-looking enough that he should be able to carry on a conversation about something other than paaaaaaaartying!

Oh, horror! Sudden realization....will these people expect me to be social with them after work hours? Quick! Escape strategies needed!!!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

No. Fabricate children if necessary. Apparently getting a sitter- veeerrry difficult.