Friday, January 12, 2007

Idiots Need Not Apply

Have you ever spent some time reading lots of different people's blogs? Normally I don't, because, well I don't really like most people and reading the blogs of the average man leads me to have an even more negative opinion about the state of mankind.

However, things are slow today and I think we all know that Fridays are not good days for starting projects. A friend of mine had turned me on to this blog called Violent Acres (I don't know the addy but if you google it you will find it).

sidebar: what did I do before Google? I don't even know

Anyways, Violent Acres is a pretty entertaining blog. She gets all worked up about different shit and explodes her "offensive" opinions pretty loudly. I always love a self-proclaimed bitch, though she does spend too much time defending herself (while talking about how she doesn't have to defend herself). So, she's not quite the blog perfection I'd like but is entertaining nonetheless.

She has led me into this whole world of blogging that I didn't really know was out there. It seems like these people are trying to gain fame and notoriety through blogging? wtf?

I think that the internet may have deproved (you know, rather than improved) us as a collective. Most people are idiots, right? I think we all agree on that (unless you're one of the idiots in which case I'm very sorry but you should probably move along. your kind aren't wanted here). Well, now these idiots have these little blog worlds where they can obsess endlessly about the potential gender, age, name, political affiliations, etc of some random blogger.

ummmm....who cares? Who cares what Violent Acres name is? Who cares if it's a he or a she? Why does it matter? It's the internet. This may shock you but people don't always tell the truth on the internet. I know, when I figured that out it totally blew my mind too.
And furthermore, how do you think you can gain fame and notoriety by blogging about other people's blogs? I think that internet fame and notoriety (for what it's worth, which frankly is not much at all) comes from people who have a real talent getting some much-needed exposure. Talent is the key there. Idiots need not apply.

7 comments:

xiangjikan said...

very nice blog! My name is Franco Di Giacomo Would it make fun for you, to make money in the Internet ? (Income for Life!) Yes? NEW Business, see my web

Lady Rose said...

huh, I think it could make fun for me to make money in the internet. perhaps I will explore this totally credible business opportunity.

Meg said...

Funny how Franco has both an asian sounding name and an italian sounding name.

Do you think it's a he or a she? Maybe he's gay. Or she's a lesbian. OR I bet ugly with a small wang. Whatever he/she is or does, I bet they are crap at it.

God, I hate the internet sometimes.

Andrasta said...

Maybe it would make fun for you, to make cookies for in the Kirsten's tummy? Keep me posted on that one OK. I know it would make fun for me to fill with cookies the stomach, yes?

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

Meg said...

yes. cookies, is nice? Pretty lady make cookie time, yes? Is nice.