Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ever So Scholarly

Last night I attended one in a series of much-lauded lectures on Shakespeare. Yes, yes, I know it makes me look ever so scholarly to be attending lectures. I'd heard so much positive buzz about the lecturer and I've been hankering to get back on my project of reading the entire works of William Shakespeare (I think I'll do a less prolific playwright next).

Anyways, as it turns out I had some major deja vu when I found myself nodding off halfway through said lecture. The seats were comfy with nice high backs, the room was warm and cozy and the dude on stage was like, a thousand years old. I'm sure he's a nice chap but he's not exactly a captivating speaker.

In the end I think that both Mr. Rose and myself were a bit bored. I theorize that it was boring because I'm so familiar with the Scottish play and perhaps I should give it a go with a play I'm less familiar with. That way the whole explaining the plot bit won't be so dull.

Ummmmm....yeah. Last week was soooo very long and yet nothing of real note happened. Aside from the stir and dunk which was moving and life-changing. If by life-changing I mean that I can't seem to burn that image out of my mind. Dear god.

No comments: