Friday, April 27, 2007

Face to Face (with people you'd rather forget)

I wish I had a diary so I could go home and write in it privately. It would go something like this:

Dear Diary,

Remember that guy I was telling you about? Well, I hate him. I know, I know, I should just let it go. I would be a happier person if I could let go of my rage. But I just can't. I'll think that it's over, that I've forgotten about him and then BAM! I run across something that brings it all back home.

Diary, sometimes I think the internet is a bad thing. I don't want to decrease distances...many times I want to increase them. But blogging and online communities, they're designed to put you face to face with people you'd rather forget.

So, you stumble over these people and you read their thoughts and their conversations and then, at last, you alight on what you were looking for. The vague reference to yourself. You knew you were going to find it. And when you do, you are just as angry as you thought you would be. And you want to punch that sonofabitch in the mouth.

Why are some people able...even after much time has passed...to get me all riled up? Why can't I calmly read their bullshit story and smile serenely to myself, knowing that they are full of shit. Furthermore, why can't I just let go. Actually not care that they were an asshole to me then and would be an asshole to me now if I let them.

At this point in my fictional diary entry I would probably ennumerate the dude's bad traits (e.g. fatness, baldness, dumbness) just to make myself feel better. Secret bullying.

Fuck. I hate that guy.

2 comments:

Meg said...

On the upside, at least it hasn't been thousands of days since you were last intimate.

Lady Rose said...

oh man, I still hate that guy. Thought it does make it just the tiniest bit better to laugh at his pain.