Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Top Five List #2

So, I forgot yesterday. Look, let's not let this come between us. I'll make it up to you. Let's make an agreement. I'll post two, that's right...two, blog entries today. Are we all agreed? Good.

Top 5 activities to engage in when you’re feeling down

5. Sad Movies – because sometimes when you’re feeling blue what you really need to do is cry it out. But sometimes you just can’t get there on your own. I recommend: King Kong (why? why? why couldn’t we just leave him in peace?), Life is Beautiful (apparently even if you’re in a concentration camp), or The Notebook (or any other aching type of love story).

4. Shopping – nothing fixes a good down home blue like some solid retail therapy. New shoes, new purse, new book, soap. I mean, really, anything works.

3. Playing the Piano – or if you don’t play the piano, playing whatever instrument you do play. It takes a lot of concentration and is something that you can easily get lost in. This is my go to activity when I’m feeling blue but I’d rather not be (as opposed to the movie wallow above).

2. Casual Sex – I’ve never actually tried this one myself but it seems very popular. I see all sorts of depressed looking girls desperately advertising for sex at bars. I assume that the sex ultimately cheers them up?

1. Drinking and/or drugs. Again, a very popular pastime. I was going to go all “positive” here and say exercise…because magazines are always telling me to just go for a run and I’ll feel sooooo much better. No, I won’t. I’ll feel sweaty and fat and ungraceful and, frankly, a little too bouncy. No thanks In Shape magazine, I think I’ll just keep drinking my troubles away like the rest of the world, thank you very much.