Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Looming Deadlines

On the one hand I find myself depressed and moping and wearing the same baggy, schlumpy sweat suit type outfit every day. On the other hand I find myself reveling in the freedom of going to the gym in the middle of the day, having time to watch entire seasons of HIMYM, and generally filling my days with unabashed pleasure seeking.

Sometimes I forget that I'm currently a drag on society and potentially my own financial well being. It's like I've forgotten what it would be like to have to get up every day and commute to somewhere other than this room next to my bedroom. I have vague memories of a world where the need to shower was a daily event. But give it another few weeks and I may have lost that ability to function in the real world all together.

I set myself a deadline for when I would have to relent and just settle. That deadline is fast approaching. So today is a day when I find myself depressed and moping and wearing those baggy clothes (which today have some suspicious food stains....Megan would be so proud).

Thank god I have this to get me through these low points:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FU0QwHqXO0

1 comment:

Meg said...

I am proud. No matter what deadlines loom or suspicious food stains adorn your clothing. I'll always be proud.

And also: oh. my. gaaaawd.