Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Brief Hiatus

I think maybe I was intending my brief hiatus to be a permanent hiatus but then two things happened. 1) I discovered I had things to share with you all. And frankly, phoning you all up individually is just so much effort. and, 2) I finished watching seasons 1 & 2 of HIMYM and now find myself with not much to do. I'm three months into my unemployment and I have finally run out of TV on DVD that I'm interested in watching. I'm not quite sure how people keep it up on a year-round basis.


But let's move on, shall we? To the things I want to share with you. I believe I will fulfill my usual pattern and give you five, yes five!, things I have found out in the last three months:


1. My landlady is a Jehovah's Witness. shudder. I know, right? I'm pretty tolerant of other people's belief systems but I have limits. And Jehovahs and Scientologists just don't quite fit within those limits. And how did I just find this out? I've been living here for five years. Wouldn't we all be happier if I just never found out? Yes, yes we would.

2. I hate cooking. Since I'm all homebound it just seems like I should be shouldering all the domestic responsibilities. But damn, I hate it. I don't mind the planning and the shopping and the clean-up afterwards. But the actual act of cooking dinner every day? Blech.

3. Sweatpants are very comfy. But I still think it's wrong to wear them outside the house. And yes, yoga pants are sweatpants. You're not fooling anyone sweetheart.

4. um, yeah...I had a point number four but after I finished writing this post blogger froze up and didn't autosave so I lost points 4 and 5. Fortunately I remembered point 5 (for obvious reasons) but for the life of me I just can't recall what went here. Let's just assume it was both funny and awesome and laugh aloud to ourselves okay? done? good.

5. fuck, fuck, fuck. I hate looking for a job. fucking fuckity fuck.