Sunday, April 27, 2008

Busy and Important

It's been quite a change for me this week. For a couple months I've been a lounging lady of leisure and the switch to busy and important lady with actual tasks to complete has not been easy. I've forgotten that working all day makes you tired. And, furthermore, when you work all day you still have to come home and do things like laundry and volunteer committments. I've forgotten how to fit life maintenance around a work schedule.

For example, I need to get a haircut. But since I have to actually be somewhere all day I can't just go and do that whenever I want to. Crazy, I know. So I'm rolling around with ratty, split ended hair and generally looking like a mess.

I tell you, it's almost not worth it. Think how much easier my life would be if I could just go get my hair cut in the middle of the day! Not to mention the grocery shopping, gym visit, lunch dates, well the list goes on and on.

Now, of course, the downside to not working is that I start to lack funding for my lunching, shopping, and styling outings.

I'm just not sure what the solution is here. I'm in a real catch 22. I think my best bet is to try to change Canada into a communist country. I feel that my general awesomeness would be my contribution to society. And in return I would be supplied with all my needs by the state (you know, the usual stuff: manicures, quarterly hair maintenance, yearly shoe allowance, in addition to food and shelter of course).

I think buying lottery tickets is stupid. But this! This is a real plan.

Who's with me?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Meg said...

I'm in. Really, what have I got to lose? I'm definitely in need of some way to supplement my spa/hair/shoe budget.