Monday, May 05, 2008

Five Happy Moments

Oh no. I was doing so well with my weekly Sunday posts. I don't even have a good excuse for not posting. I spent my Sunday doing Sunday activities that clearly could have included a blog post. And to make matters worse? I've logged on to post now without any actual plans on what to say.

I think I'll try to work some positive thinking mojo and share with you five happy moments from my life.

1. Visiting my grandparents in small town Saskatchewan as a child. Particular favorite moments include: visits to the ice cream store with the two kind swirly cone, being dropped off at the air-conditioned library for hours on end, shelling peas with Grandma at the kitchen table.

2. Going to Chiang Mai and area with Mr. Rose. Particular favorite moments include: being chauffeured around to various shops for an entire day, taking a Thai cooking class at a school in a chef's house in the Thai countryside, floating down the river on a bamboo raft.

3. Getting one of two A's in my Strategic Management (really project management) course in the final year of my degree program. Why? Because I rarely put in the effort required to achieve A grades and when I did for once it was nice to be gratified.

4. Saturday night just past. My brother and I were discussing our upcoming trip to Edmonton for a family wedding. Mr. Rose was commenting how nice it was that we were able to go on this road trip together for, you know, sibling bonding and shit. My brother and I locked eyes across the table and both screamed out simultaneously "Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell". That is the joy of having a sibling. Shared history. In two short weeks the bro and I will be rocking out to Paradise by the Dashboard Light as soon as we hit the city limits.

5. Finally beating the 100 man brawl on Smash Brothers. yeah, that's right.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Ah, sibling bonding. So sweet. So full of punches and love.

Hamster said...

if you forget what you learn at a thai cooking school you can always try

www.thaifoodtonight.com
It's got about 30 recipes each one with a cooking video to go along