Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Growing Up

I guess I won't really start hyperventilating until tomorrow. Because we have to fill out a bunch of paperwork before the offer actually goes in. But I have started the process of making the most expensive purchase of my life.

ohmigod.

I'm not sure if I'm ready for this. I'm not sure I'm grown up enough to be a home owner. what if something goes wrong? I can't fix things. Once I pay for the house will I have enough money to pay people to fix things?

ohmigod.

Do I know how to best lay out furniture in a narrow living room? Can I deal with really tall pine trees in my front yard? If I don't like said tall pine trees what do I do about them? Can you make trees go away? Are there tree guys who deal with that shit? Do things grow under pine trees? Can I plant shade plants in pots?

ohmigod.

I'm turning 30.

I think I'll start hyperventilating now.

2 comments:

Meg said...

1. We can put up drywall together. Seriously, how hard can it be?

2. Pine trees can be removed. There are guys that do that. And then you can re-sod or whatever the lawn underneath it. I'm pretty sure. And shade plants could grow under that thing. I think?

3. Not for a few more weeks.

Breanne said...

Exciting!!! Where'd you buy?

Pine trees can be removed. No, shade plants don't usually survive under pine trees. It's a whole crazy level of shade under there. Unless it's not a very healthy pine tree. In which case perhaps! :)

Drywall is very hard. But I would pay to see you two putting it up. Seriously. And I would video. And then I'd have to start blogging again (did I ever really start?) just so I could share the hilariousness. :)