Sunday, December 21, 2008

2008 - An Early Wrap Up

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Successfully had my picture taken with Mickey Mouse.

2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I had a New Years Resolution

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Actually close? No. But several cousins did produce offspring.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Actually close? No. Distant uncles and even more distant cousins with odd and very tragic stories involving apartment balconies.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just the US. What?! It’s only the second time I’d been there. They are our neighbours!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A boss who isn’t a douche.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 21. The day I started my new and ultimately awesome job, despite the douche. I’m a communications professional don’t you know.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Convincing other people that I’m a communications professional. :) Or kicking that nasty habit, again.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Failing, yet again, to become slender.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Some colds, some flus, some aching back. Man I’m gettin’ old.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My house.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I will celebrate Jon’s behaviour. Right at this exact moment he’s washing floors so I feel like he deserves some celebration.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A certain douche. No, not the boss, yet another douche. Sure he smells good, I bet the devil smells good too, but if you get close up you might just catch the whiff of pathetic underlying it all.

14. Where did most of your money go?
My house.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Mickey!!! 1

6. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I’m On My Way by the Proclaimers. I’m on my way from misery to happiness today…

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. more happy or more sad?
Infinitely more happy in that I’m still employed.
b. thinner or fatter?
Same I think.
c. richer or poorer?
Same I think. But with a vastly increased debt load. Does that make me poorer? I guess so.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
All those things I always say I’ll do: learn another language, finish reading Dante’s Divine Comedy, play the piano every day.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Feeling blue. Punishing myself endlessly for my mistakes.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas Eve with the in-laws. Christmas morning at my mom’s. Christmas dinner at my aunt’s. Boxing Day having a Rock Band-athon and making a stop action film with the bro.

21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2007?
Crying at work.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I think I have already fallen.

23. How many one-night stands?
Does rolling over and falling asleep without snuggling my spouse count?

24. What was your favorite tv program?
This was a big tv year for me, relatively. Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, HIMYM, and Weeds top the list.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nah, I think I always hated that guy.

26. What was the best book you read?
What is the What by Dave Eggers.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Last Shadow Puppets

28. What did you want and get [in general]?
A job I like and find challenging, a home that I own (well, will own eventually), a medium weight winter jacket.

29. What did you want and not get?
A European vacation, a boss I like, sweet mandarin oranges.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Mamma Mia

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30. My birthday was spent at the happiest place on earth. Mickey waffles were eaten, photo ops with characters were had, unfortunate rashes were discovered.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A gazillion dollars for just being my awesome self.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
T-shirt or sweater and jeans. I’ve been rocking this look since the late 80’s.

34. What kept you sane?
My spouse, my close friends, vodka.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
DAVID TENNANT.

36. Who do you miss?
Kirsten

37. What political issue stirred you the most?
I try not to get stirred by politics.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Howie, my gay boyfriend.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008?
Don’t drink until you black out. Bad things happen.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

If I ever have an extra gazillion dollars, it's totally yours! (Of course first I need a gazillion for me... you know, so I don't have to work all of christmas to afford a hair cut.)

Meg said...

Kathleen, I got a sweet haircut for $15. That's right. I've reached a new low and need an intervetion.