Friday, July 03, 2009

Men! Feh.

We’re all friends here, right? Let’s get intimate now. Come into my little circle, I have a confession to make. If I liked eating pussy, I would totally be a lesbian. And that is because…yes, I’ll admit it…I don’t like men.

This is a wild generalization of course because obviously I do have a few men in my life that I have very positive feelings about. But indulge me for a few hundred words.

What has brought on this man hate you ask? Recently an Edmonton MLA was quoted saying:

"Men are attracted to smiles, so smile and don't give me that 'treated equal' stuff, if you want Equal it comes in little packages at Starbucks."

What the fuck?!?!

That was a piece of advice he wrote on his blog, intended for junior high school girls. At the time there was a small hullabaloo about his comment in the media here in Alberta. Ultimately the MLA apologized for his comment. Our illustrious premier felt that making a public apology was punishment enough.

Seriously? This guy gets to keep his job? This guy’s wife stays with him? There is just nothing funny about this comment. This comment is bald, brassy, blatant sexism.

Can you imagine what would have happened if this guy came out and said:

"White people don't like it when you smile too much. So all you black people stop trying to be so friendly. We know that you're just looking for a chance to mug us. ps. we're white and therefore better than you."

How fast would that guy have lost his job if he had insulted: immigrants, Jews, Christians, Muslims, white people, rich people, old people, etc, etc, etc.

Because it's not like this is an isolated incident. It's not like I read about this and thought to myself "what? I'm shocked! I've never heard a man treat equality as a joke before. This guy is clearly an independent crackpot who is in no way a representative sample of men I could find locally, nationally or internationally."

Why are women and gays two groups that it is still okay to publicly degrade in Canada?!

I had actually forgotten about this for a few weeks and something twigged it in my brain today. And I have now worked myself up to a fuming rage over it, again. It's really interfering with my quest for a witty ending to this post.

Men. Feh.

Middle-aged, white, male politicians? Double-Feh!!

4 comments:

post-fab princess said...

Word. That kind of deep-seated asshatery deserves a public flogging-- I mean a public firing. Or both.

Srsly, wtf?

Meg said...

Okay, so why is calling cancer treatment sexy getting all the news coverage, and this asspanda gets away with it?

Sterling Lynch said...

It's a good question with no single neat answer but, I suspect, a lot of different overlapping answers.

The only easy answer is to admit there is a lot of work left to be done and posts like this are a good way to keep working.

日月神教-向左使 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,正妹牆,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站