Monday, January 04, 2010

The Week Off: Day 1

I accidentally slept until noon today. The snooze button and I had a bit of a disagreement this morning about what a 'snooze' actually was, or something, it was all very hazy. In some ways it was a rather fitting start to my day.

I rolled into jam-jams and hoofed it out to the couch to read Audrey Niffenegger's latest book, Her Fearful Symmetry. I hesitate to recommend it. I think if you read it, you would be best to stop about 3/4 of the way through. You'd be better off being left cliff-hung than having to muddle through a truly confusing and off-putting ending. A very strange second offering from this author. If you haven't read it, I would say go for Time Traveler's Wife and skip over this one. I'm not quite ready to give up on her as a writer though. I still really like Niffenegger's voice so I would likely purchase her next offering.

I also got to watch a truly awesome episode of What Not To Wear (two VHS tapes filled with episodes of WNTW was the best xmas gift ever Mom!!) where they made over former child actress Mayim Balik (Blossom!!). She has a PhD in Neuroscience (anyone? anyone know what neuroscientists do??) and some seriously bad hair. Also all that WNTW has really inspired me to do a thorough closet eval tomorrow. If I can find my camera charger I may provide photos...

2 comments:

Lady Rose said...

9:00pm and still rocking the jam-jams, btw.

Kathleen said...

Hahahaha, I can't believe Blossom is a neuroscientist!