Monday, March 01, 2010

Monday Mopes

Despite warm weather and sunny blue skies I am having a serious case of the Monday mopes. Top five contributing factors to my Monday mopes:

  1. Uh, Logan and Veronica broke up. Seriously? I'm trying to have a fictional character crush here people! That means I need screen time! siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.
  2. The Olympics ate my life...or at least my February. I awoke this morning to discover that we haven't grocery shopped or done laundry or cleaned the bathroom in weeks. So many looming chores. groooooooooooooooan.
  3. This might be an Olympic sub-point but I had a seriously disappointing lunch today due to lack of foods. Only 1 fruit for the whole day? gruuuuuuuuuuuuuuumble.
  4. A failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency for me. Except at work it somehow does. I be so busy this week! whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.
  5. What do you mean there is no more curling for me to watch? What about speed skating? No? Figure skating? No? But surely there's a bit of luge or bobsled, right????? Olympic withdraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawal.

But just to prove I'm not 100% whine, I did have a positive weekend experience. I got this stretchy band thing that I can wear over the waistband of my regular pants (until I'm ready to graduate to the real pregnant lady pants). Basically I leave the pants unbuttoned but the stretchy band ensures that they don't fall off. Aside from making me way more comfortable all the time, it really came in handy post-Sunday brunch. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, room to expand!

1 comment:

Sterling Lynch said...

Won't the zipper open? you know, without the button doing its work/