Wednesday, May 19, 2010

An afternoon cup of rejection

Alright, enough moping. Onto some complaining. There is something I dread doing every May peeps. In May I have to re-connect with a professional contact who...wait for it...doesn't like me. I know, right? Who could not like me? :) Alright, I admit that personally I can be unlikeable. But in a professional context for minimal business type dealings, I am totally likable. I am efficient and friendly and always deliver on time.

Look, I don't know why this lady doesn't like me and maybe it's not me, maybe she doesn't like the company because I have gotten nothing but thinly veiled frost right from the get-go. Of course, if that's the case I'm not sure why she keeps doing business with us. Obligation maybe?

Anyways, I keep reaching out with coffee/meeting invites and I get rebuffed every year. I just sent off my annual entreaty this morning and I am not looking forward to my cup of afternoon rejection.

Work grumble.

5 comments:

Meg said...

So here's my question - you don't drink coffee or warm beverages aside from Second Cup's hot chocolate. What do you order at coffee meetings? I have always been so curious!

Lady Rose said...

Well, at the Good Earth I enjoy Italian Soda, at Starbucks I go for the cream based frappucino, and I actually like Timmy's hot chocolate.

Mostly I wish they served Diet Coke.

Sabbir Ahmed said...

Very Nice Post  
Thank You

vuhelp said...

Nice blogger

Maria John said...

Paydayloanusa.co is NOT a lender and does not provide lending services directly to consumers. Based on the application consumers submit, Paydayloanusa.co searches its database of reliable lenders to pair consumers with the lender and loan ideally suited to their needs
Cash Advance