Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happily ever after

Today is my 8th wedding anniversary. Whoa. Can you believe that I have been married for 8 years? I certainly can't. I think it's got me a bit gloomy today actually. Not the being married part, I enjoy being married more than I thought I would.

I think the gloom comes from the fact that I measure my life achievements more around the date of my marriage than my birthday. That seems a bit weird. But I got married as one part of my life was ending (the school part). I had just graduated from University and was ready to head out into the world and shoulder all those grown up responsibilities like paying my own utility bills and Alberta Health Care bills. So, the timing meant that my marriage was really the start of my grown-up lady life.

Somehow, my grown-up lady life isn't exactly where I thought it would be. I am adrift in a sea of ennui. I feel like I've been in a sea of ennui for a couple of years now. I mean, this is it. I am a grown-up lady. When I was a kid and I looked forward to being all grown up I'm not sure exactly what I expected. But clearly I expected something different.

It feels a lot like waiting for the future. I mean, the future sounds awesome (flying cars, solar powered everything, robots that definitely won't turn on their human creators, the list goes on and on...) but when the heck is the dang future going to get here?!?! I feel like I've been waiting for ever.

waiting...

waiting...

waiting for...

Scientology?

1 comment:

Maria John said...

Paydayloanusa.co is NOT a lender and does not provide lending services directly to consumers. Based on the application consumers submit, Paydayloanusa.co searches its database of reliable lenders to pair consumers with the lender and loan ideally suited to their needs
Cash Advance